California Nullity of Marriage
Divorce Attorney in Laguna Hills, California Explains Criteria for Annulment
There are some cases in which a marriage is not legally valid in California, and there are other cases in which you may have your marriage declared null and void if you meet certain criteria. If you are seeking an annulment, then it is important for you to discuss your situation with a skilled legal representative who understands the process and can help you in your case. There are certain criteria which automatically render a marriage void due to illegalities; these may include the following:
- The marriage is incestuous due to close blood relatives
- One of the parties involved in the marriage is already married, thus rendering the marriage bigamous
If neither of these circumstances applies to you, then you may be able to pursue annulment of your marriage based on any of the following grounds:
- You were under 18 years old at the time of the marriage
- A prior existing marriage or domestic partnership surfaced which was thought to be ended, or the other spouse was thought dead
- Either party was of unsound mind or unable to comprehend the nature of the marital agreement at the time of marriage
- One party was forced into the marriage or domestic partnership
- Either party married the other based on fraudulent promises and were deceived
- Either party suffers from continuous and incurable incapacity to consummate the marriage
Seeking an annulment of your marriage?
I am Kevin M. DeMeire, Attorney at Law and I have been practicing since 2000 with a long history of success in the cases that I have handled. Your situation is important to me, and you can be sure that I will work with you to pursue the results that you need for your future. Contact my firm today to discuss the circumstances of your family law case and to begin pursing the legal action that could correct these issues.